Saturday, May 3, 2008

Travel Insurance


Do I need travel insurance?? I have been on 23 cruises and two times needed insurance. One time I had it and one time I did not.
My first time was in 2004 due to a hurricane in Florida. Coming from the west coast all flights had been canceled. The ship left with out us!! This time I did have insurance and I was paid back in cash for my trip. I then rebooked it 6 weeks later. The second time I hurt my leg on board. I left with a big bill after seeing the doctor onboard. My health insurance did reimburse me when I got home, but that is not always the case.
Here is what insurance usually covers. I pulled info from a company I sell to my clients as an example.
Trip Cost Trip Cancellation & Interruption
$ 1,000 Trip Delay
$ 1,000 Missed Connection
$200 maximum per day
$ 1,500 Baggage & Personal Effects
$ 500 Baggage Delay
$ 50,000 Accident Medical Expense
$ 50,000 Sickness Medical Expense
$ 50,000 Emergency Medical Transportation


The medical really helps you if your sick in a foreign port. It's not cheap to get you back home. Read the fine print!! How will you be paid back??? Some our cash and some our future credits on a ship. This is huge!! You usually see this on policys that our cancel for any reason. I really love these programs. If your work is a problem get this kind of insurance!! I hope this information was helpful!!

0 comments:

Followers

 

I Love to Cruise Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com