Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Drink Anyone??



I know we have all heard the saying "booze cruise", however that is a saying most cruise lines do not use in todays market. Cruises are not about the drinking. Sure I have had a few to many on a ship, but that's not why I cruise. I love traveling to new destinations and meeting so many cool people. Anyways, let's now discuss drinking!
Prices- This can differ from ship to ship. I can tell you most ships have a drink of the day. Everyday you get some kind of newsletter sent to your room. It will have a drink special so try it!! My favorite drink is only made on one cruise line!! I tried it as a special of the day.
Souvenir Glasses- This is where allot of money is made when it comes to drinking. Try not to get the souvenir drink. You can always ask for it not in the take home glass and it will be cheaper. Also, it takes up space in the suitcase for your better souvenirs.
Packages- They will sell many soda and wine packages. You really have to know what you plan to drink. You know if you need this or not. It is a good deal if you drink a lot.
Travel Agents- Many give wine or champagne as a gift. Why book with the cruiseline and get nothing??
Parties on Board- Attend, Attend, Attend!! If you are asked to attend a party most likely something will be given out. The Captain usually has a party and if you are a returning cruiser with the line you could have additional parties. I attend about three a cruise now. I love it!!
Crusie Clubs- Each cruisline has some kind of returning member program. Join and let your agent know you belong. I always get a coupon for a free drink on my favorite line.
Volunteer- Sometimes you get a free drink just by assisting the Bingo guy count the balls!!
You can have a $50 bill to a $1500 since its up to you!! Just drink in moderation and you will have a great time. Please don't fall overboard!! (It's usually drunk people who do this) Next time your cruise with RCCL have my favorite drink the BBC!!! It's the best foo foo drink on the planet!!

0 comments:

Followers

 

I Love to Cruise Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com